Thursday, June 12, 2008

Wonder Boy's Mad Dash Towards Wall Cloud

Yesterday, Wonder Boy was all excited over the storms. He knocked on my door and asked if I wanted to walk the dog. This meant "Just me, please give me an excuse to walk down the block and look at the clouds so the neighbor's don't think I'm crazy." I grabbed my camera and leashed up the dog, and we went outside. Standing in our driveway, I took time to take this picture:


Then I looked over to where Wonder Boy was going



He was heading at a mad pace towards this wall cloud. I followed him and stopped to take several pictures.

Then it started to rain. Then it started to rain harder. Suddenly, Wonder Boy found himself soaking wet, and a block from home. Wonder Boy felt happy because he likes storms, but he also felt unhappy because he was a block from home and was getting soaked. Then he felt happy again because his sister was also a block from home and getting soaked.



Wonder Boy headed for home, now that he had accomplished dragging his poor sister and the even poorer little dog out to get wet.



Wonder Boy began to run while looking at the wall cloud.



(Here's a closer picture of that little thingy in the picture. I don't know what it is, but it looks cool so I like it. It's kinda twisty, and it glows.)


After we got back, Wonder Boy discovered that there was a tornado warning for the very wall cloud that he had me and the poor little dog run for. Wonder Boy said that he had cut it closer than he would have wanted to, but the sinister gleam in his eye said that it was exactly how he wanted it to be because he likes to live life on the edge and chase after wall clouds on foot.



Here's a picture that I took from the front porch. The flash was on, so those white dots are water droplets, not orbs.


Although they certainly do look like orbs.

5 comments:

Lori L said...

Wonder Boy is a little deranged at times. He should know better than to chase after wall clouds on foot with only a little 20 lbs. dog for protection. At least the big 100 lbs. dog would offer a bit more of an anchoring effect if the tornado had formed near Wonder Boy.

Anonymous said...

I blame the hair. When your hair is like a greek god you really aren't afraid of a measly tornado.

Jane said...

LOL, Dana!
Hey,JustMe, those are cool pictures. I took some that look just like that on Father's Day. I was going to post one tomorrow.
LOL on your orbs.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I love your comments and sense of humor! "Wonder Boy's" mad dash toward wall cloud, yep, that sounds like something he would do!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.