Thursday, June 19, 2008

Butterfly

See the little butterfly!
It's floaty wings are gold
I wish to be a butterfly
But I can't be one I'm told

It makes me want to sit and cry
'Cause I wanna be a butterfly!

Shiny wings of silver and blue
Across the sky they flew and blew
Fluttery circles in my mind
I wanna be the most beautiful butterfly you can find!

But, they said
You can't be a butterfly
If you were, you'd be dead!
So now I want to cry

'Cause I wanna be a butterfly!

-Wonder Boy

You know, and interesting thing about this quote is that it was said by the amazing Wonder Boy while he was passed out on the floor after consuming too much tabasco sauce. The Wonder Boy denies ever saying such a thing, but this is not true. We all know that the Wonder Boy said it.

1 comment:

Lori L said...

Nah... I can't believe Wonder Boy said this. First, he hates poems. I don't think he hates butterflies, but I bet he doesn't ever think about them, even after a Tabasco overdose. He's Wonder boy, not Nature Boy.

Second, any desires to be something would be expressed using computer terms, like, "I wish I were a shiny hard drive."